View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 12:45 PM   #7
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Williams and Townsend are likely starters, and then we have like three other guys in Durant, Wright, and Clemons who I think, among them, we’ll rope in a starter.

That doesn’t even include Lipscomb, Boccelli, Hill, and Javaris Davis.

This UDFA class is like 5 additional day three picks that we got for free, cap-wise.
I really do like what they've done throwing options at the IOL in the last couple of years. I even thought the GM's kid out of TN was a solid gamble (McKenzie?).

Williams is someone that I forget about a lot but he's damn intriguing. Durant isn't someone I see every playing LT at this level but with some luck he might be a good long-term replacement for someone like Remmers. They clearly have an approach here and it's just churning through as many toolsy options as possible in the hopes that 2 or 3 of them stick.

My big worry there isn't even Veach or the coaching staff writ large - it's Andy. He is so reluctant to make changes on his OL in-season. Guys that are clearly struggling will hang onto that starters gig like grim death. I'm not sure Rankin or Wiz ever get a legit shot without the injuries on the interior despite Wylie's struggles. It also makes me worry that Reiter is pretty much a lead pipe lock to hold that job at C absent injury.

Continuity is just such an overriding factor for Red that I'm curious how any of these developmental projects will get a look. The DBs get turned over a bit and LBs get a little as well, but he just doesn't rotate his OL much.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.