View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 02:56 PM   #20385
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I'm not saying its going to happen but I think he be inclined to sign a deal that allows him to be wealthy while still allowing the team to sign some other guys.

Pat doesn't seem like a me first kind of guy. He is going to get paid, big time, but I do't think money will be his top priority as long as its fair.

In other words I wouldn't be surprised if he left a little on the table.

Maybe I'm wrong.
That's fine and a worthwhile argument.

But "He's the wealthy spawn of a rich athlete" is just a complete non-starter.

If anything, what appears to be a lifetime of being grounded and humble has made him into a guy who might prefer seeing his teammates get their over getting all of his. He might be willing to sacrifice a little to keep the team in its best shape.

But none of that has to do with his parents financial wherewithal and to argue that it does is pretty damn insulting to Mahomes II. Guys just a good kid. There are plenty of rich assholes who see money as a birthright and build their lives around it (see: Manziel, Johnny) and plenty of folks from humble beginnings that end up not giving a whit about being rich. And the inverse is true in both directions.

It's just a completely asinine outlook on it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote