View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #213
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 View Post
More proven? Because he started for arguably the best team in the NFL......and threw 20 TDs? Because before the NFL....he hadn't started a game since High School?
Look, I want us to draft a quarterback as much as anyone on this board (hoping for a dirty sanchez, but stafford looks good as well) but to say that a full year of experience in arguably the toughest division in the NFL means nothing is just as myopic as the arguments I keep seeing on here against drafting a rookie qb. The fact of the matter is that Cassel succeeded against NFL teams and improved as the season progressed. JFC. With the way the two sides are entrenched on this debate, you'd think it was Go-Bots vs. Voltron or something.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a QB as well as hire one in FA to compete for the starting spot. I will, however, rest easier knowing that the cupboard won't be bare at the position like it was in the past (read -King Carl years) regardless of which route we take. You can't win without a decent QB in the NFL, and our record last year proved that our roster needed a serious upgrade at the position.
lazepoo is not part of the Right 53.lazepoo is not part of the Right 53.lazepoo is not part of the Right 53.lazepoo is not part of the Right 53.lazepoo is not part of the Right 53.lazepoo is not part of the Right 53.lazepoo is not part of the Right 53.lazepoo is not part of the Right 53.lazepoo is not part of the Right 53.lazepoo is not part of the Right 53.lazepoo is not part of the Right 53.