View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 05:09 PM   #10924
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Braise it. Don’t think you’re gonna like it in strips unless you sous vide it awhile. It’s usually a roast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
7 bone chuck roast?

We used to marinate a 2"-2.5" piece and slow direct grill it til pink in the center (Fred Flintstone steak) or seared off and put in oven w/ wine as a standing rib roast with veggies.

I smoke it just like a brisket and have fooled many in blind tests.. (see chuck roll brisket).
It's a very versatile yet well worked muscle. I freeze and thin slice for Italian beef or Philly steak sammies or rollups. I have Sous Vide'd a piece of one 3X7" after a 3 hour smoke, quite tasty. but without breaking it down at 200+ degrees your going to have gristle and tough pieces. I am just trying Smoke/ SV/ Smoke or bake and have had some luck.

Hope that gives you a starting point.
This thing is cut like a large steak. I hope I'm describing it correctly.

FMB, If I was going the beef route for fettuccine Alfredo, what cut of beef would you recommend?
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.