Thread: Movies and TV Disney+ coming November 12th
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 01:19 PM   #107
Abandoned Former Rams Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
As supported model? I did not see any ads on there?

Netflix has the benefit of already having hundreds of original shows. I think since Disney+ only has a few originals as of now, that’s why they chose the weekly episode drop thing.

Maybe once they build up their originals more, they might move more to a Netflix model. But maybe not. I could see them and Apple TV+ following more of the HBO model.
I will say that Hulu released the series I just watched weekly as well, not sure how much original content Hulu really has either so I could be the same situation or it could be that that's just the model Disney prefers.

I could definitely see why as the entire season of Mandalorian could easily be watched in a day, after that I could easily see a lot of people dropping until another big series comes out. This way they can make this series last a couple months which buys them to produce more stuff in the meantime.

If you are a Star Wars fan after watching a season of Mando what keeps you paying? The ability to watch all the movies, (which most SW fans already own) Clone Wars & Rebels reruns? That's a huge group they could lose after one month, and really have them out of content possibly on day one.
ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.