View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 05:14 PM   #53
In Search of a Life

It happens. A lot of us have been there.

I was an over half a pack a day smoker for over ten years. When I found out my daughter was on the way, I quit on a dime full out cold turkey without any patches or gum or Chantix or anything.

**** was it hard, but I'm glad I did it. I still struggle with it because there are times where I think, "man, shit. A nice fresh smooth Turkish Royal would be so nice" after eating a big meal. Doesn't happen frequently but when it does it's like wow, ain't that some shit

Big thing is don't dwell on the times you've stopped and failed, how long you've been drinking or that it's going to be hard. People are great because if we're determined, dangit we'll figure something out.

Don't beat yourself up if you have a relapse. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and say okay let's do it again. It's always about what direction you're headed and not where you've came from.

You got it and can always PM me if you're struggling.

Main thing for me was just focusing on things that made me happy and focusing on what I wanted. Breathing is pretty cool and good, not reeking like an ashtray for my daughter was another big thing. It's also nice being sick less.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote