Thread: Mock 12/26
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 09:43 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
WR depth would scare me a little here but if Pringle and the draft pick could develop, I’m sure it’d be solid.

Would it make more sense to have Speaks at the 5T and Jones at the 3T? Or could you envision them moving around? I’m not so sure.
You'd prefer to have the longer, stronger player at 5T in Jones. The 5T in this scheme is a 2-gap player. I don't know that Speaks could hold up doing that on the edge. I think Speaks can, however, be a 1-gap disrupter playing the 3T.

Quote:
I’m not sure that Earl Thomas will come here if Berry leaves. Could be wrong, but I know they are close and he probably would love to play next to him here as opposed to another player. I’d probably keep Berry for another year if they think his medical stuff checks out ok.
The sense I had from the whole Thomas debacle had everything to do with him wanting an extension and financial commitment from Seattle. They refused to give that to him. I believe it's going to be all about money/length of contract when it comes to Thomas.

Certainly having Berry on board could help, but I don't think it's any sort of deal breaker. The only way I see the Chiefs being smart to keep Berry beyond this season is if he immediately has surgery to correct the deformity following the season. Even then I'd be hesitant to continue carrying his salary based upon his availability over past few seasons. If he agreed to a restructure that included taking money off the deal then I'd be more inclined to accept him being here. I understand his leadership role, but it's hard to lead from the pine.

Quote:
Overall, this is a fine mock and my favorite part is just the sheer overhaul on defense. It feels like a breath of fresh air with the script being completely flipped.
I think it's imperative that the Chiefs re-tool this defense in the offseason. They have some great pieces in place to go to the scheme I suggest on the front end and would need minimal investments there, primarily depth. The overhaul on the back end has to occur regardless of scheme.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.