Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 07:04 PM   #606
oxymoron

Yeah, I don't think anybody old, white or male needs to feel quite so threatened by women appearing on film, or behind camera, or in board rooms. It's not like they're going to stop making movies with male leads. The idea is not to lose our box office contribution. They're trying to get more people into theaters with us, not despite us.

Which does introduce the problem of trying to be too much of everything for everyone. Which is what, in my opinion, was the biggest problem with many of these movies. You try to jam so much in to cater to so many demographics and it just becomes an overstuffed jumble of nonsense. Which is how I saw Rise of Skywalker.

Hopefully eventually everyone will relax, people will stop caring about whether the writer or the director or the producer or the studio exec has a vagina or not, and we'll all be able to start creating, watching and critiquing movies based on quality more than statistics.

But it will take some time, because women being more than pretty things to look at is still a relatively new concept to a lot of people, no less so in Hollywood than anywhere else.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.