View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 04:33 PM   #58
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychief View Post
Why the Matheny hate? Just curious, other than the obvious Cards hate... I’m a little at a loss. Can you fill me in? It reminds me of when we brought Ned in with Hillman as manager.
If you're looking for someone who makes Ned look like a genius for bullpen management, Matheny is your guy.

If you want someone to play favorites in the clubhouse based off of their devotion to the club bible study, Matheny is also your man.

Yes, people were skeptical when Ned came aboard. But the word was that Ned's players genuinely loved him.

Matheny was not on speaking terms with multiple players in his clubhouse last year, and the team was immediately boosted by his firing (and Pham soared the moment he was traded away). Unlike Ned being too stubborn with his bullpen, Matheny is also known to run his pitchers into the ground (aka, pitch bullpen guys 3-4 days in a row, which Ned always tries to avoid).

I want nothing to do with Matheny - he makes Jason Kendall seem like a slam dunk addition.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.