View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 05:51 PM   #20
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
The fumble in the end zone rule is addressing a very real problem that could exist without the rule. If I'm running down field and I know that I'm going to be caught on the 20, I just wind up a softball pitch forward. As long as I can fling the ball outside the end zone, I've got a first down on the one.

I don't like the touchback rule, but you have to do something to stop intentional fumbles forward. It seems extreme to give up the ball, especially when you're in the red zone to start with. Maybe you give the fumbling team the ball at the 50 or at their own 20 or something.
It's a turnover in the endzone, just like an interception. An offensive player should be penalized for fumbling or throwing a pick into the endzone. It's one of the biggest mistakes an offensive player can make and the result should be punative.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.