Thread: Movies and TV Hamilton
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 03:04 PM   #36
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I don't know exactly how they did it, but they did NOT studio record the audio and sync to that. The studio version is far more produced.
The microphones were all routed and recorded in Pro Tools while the video was recorded in Avid, where the final edits and audio mix was completed and rendered.

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet (my wife and kids have seen it a half a dozen times since last week) but once everything's benn recorded into an Avid rig and Pro Tools, anything can be fixed, from pitchy vocals to the overall live mix.

While I'm certain that there are different performances from the recordings 2016, the editor will pick the best performance and roll with it. So unlike a general stage performance, we're seeing the best possible performances edited together from many different nights (which is not unusual).

These performances were also recorded without an audience, making the audio editing (and probably the video editing) much, much easier than if there was a live crowd due to the silence in the theater.

That would also explain why some people have felt the edited performance fell a little flat as compared to the theater experience because stage actors really feed off of the audience and their reactions.

Slightly off-topic but I've been watching the Frozen 2 doco series on Disney+ and just as I had imagined, all of Kristen Bell's (and many of the cast members) had their vocals tuned because all of them were extremely pitchy when seen recording their vocals for the songs.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote