View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 09:07 PM   #166
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
The time-travel stuff is always mindbending... mainly because, since we can't do it, we have no idea what the **** would actually happen. This film seems to imply that you can't change the past, but if you go into the past and mess with it you're basically constructing an alternate timeline for that universe (but you can return to YOUR universe with no changes to it). A convenient way to make the time heist storyline work but makes no sense when you simply say "go put them back". For example, you knocked out Star-Lord and stole that stone... so what do you go back to, the point where you knocked him out and just say, "Hey, here's the stone"? And how do you put back the Soul Stone? (Although that would be a convenient way to get Black Widow back in the current time... "Hey, Red Skull, here's your stone back, now give us back the 'payment' we made.") The other problem with this idea of time-travel is that you can do whatever you want with no punishment (i.e. Gamora). Oh, look, Stark died... no biggie, just go back to the day BEFORE the big battle, and take that Stark forward. So now you're God. No one has to die. Go back and get Black Widow, Thor's mom, Vision, whoever you want. Some big bad villian shows up? Just go back and get 100 Iron Men, who gives a **** about those alternate universes you create, those are their problems.
Yep. I loved the movie, but it's got its fair share of logical flaws. It's part of why I don't think that time travel will be used for much in other films (or at least not with regularity). I think they'll just say "We don't have any more Pym Particles. Shucks." and leave it alone. It'd just be too messy if they used it all the time.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.