View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #76
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewbies View Post
How's it worked for you? The only way I found I could keep myself keto was to fast. If I didn't eat for 3-5 days I rocked it, felt great, needed less sleep, but as soon as I would eat I'd **** the ratios all up.
I really like it, but it's more off and on for me at this point.... when I'm on it, I stick to ~50 carbs/day (not including fiber), which is on the high end, but it's a good number for me.

For relatively short term weight loss, it's been great. I've used it a a few times at 2-3 months and lost weight pretty quickly. I'll probably never stick with it 100% long term, but still don't eat the really obvious carbs (I used to eat a ton of pasta, pizza, Clif bars, bagels, etc.) and don't drink as much beer.

When I'm committed to it, there are still days I cheat a bit (like once every few weekends), but even then I try not to go much over 100 or else it becomes frustrating to get kicked out and have to spend 2 or 3 days feeling hungry all the time.

And of course there are times where it's just not all that feasible, like around the holidays and when I'm travelling a lot.

Long term is of course a lot more about sustainability and I personally wouldn't keep to under 50 carbs/day all the time.... at the same time, it's really opened my eyes to how much I was eating overall and how I'm sure I was on the fast track to diabetes.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.