Thread: Computers Router isssues
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 04:44 PM   #6
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
I will start with the modem and ethernet connections.
I have my own modem too. Motorola.

I have Xfinity so I would rather be Scho63 getting it in both ends than having to talk to them. If I can get a live person.

Unfortunately I do not have any other capable routers to use. It is just weird that my computer goes first, then others slowly fade away.
Can you hardwire the modem directly to the computer and let it run for a while and see if you have issues?

If so, and you do... then you know the issue is likely with your modem or the connection to it (be it the coax connecting directly to it or the lines outside... squirrel chew is a constant problem and moreso in the winter when there is warmth to be found near those lines).

If you have no issues then... you know its something to do with the router.

Did you start having these problems after a firmware update with the router? if so, could you roll it back by manually installing a specific file?
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote