Thread: Movies and TV Top 10 favorite films of the 2010s?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 10:12 AM   #33
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I'm not a sci-fi fan nor do I really like things like Mad Max or other crazy movies of killing and violence.
I was not expecting to like it, but I watched it because the buzz was incessant.

And there's a reason for that.

It certainly is a crazy movie with killing and violence, but the positives for it are.

It's a singular vision. Every frame is the creator's creation, and it's wildly inventive.

It's ALL practical effects. The sheer volume of innovation and inspiration merits respect regardless of what you think of the movie itself, or the genre in general.

And despite being wild and wooly and endlessly inventive, all with practical effects and immense sets and set pieces, it still presents a coherent and moving narrative. The creator makes sure to move the camera to key in on the emotional core of what is happening at every critical moment.

As a begrudging initial viewer who ended up putting it high on my list, I'd say even if the concept doesn't appeal to you, you'll end up appreciating the execution and owe it to yourself to experience it at least once.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.