View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 07:03 AM   #224
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
The Ottawa Senators franchise claims to have 11 Stanley Cup wins between 1903 and 1927. The problem is that was a different franchise.

I'm trying to think of a comparable, like Browns fans claiming a SB win when the Ravens won it the first year they left, but that doesn't quite hit what I was looking for...

At any rate, the Ottawa Senators:
- reside in a small shitty town, with no night life and is cold as a witches tit.
- have worst owner in the NHL, (Eugene Melnyk - look up the story behind his liver transplant)
- have the worst placed arena in the league
- can't sell tickets (in a Canadian market)

I get the envy, though. They're sandwiched between Toronto and Montreal.
People who grew up there had to pick between the 2, (before the new Senators franchise).
If you're French, you're a Canadians fan, English - Leafs fan. The only guy I know from Ottawa is a Canadians fan and he's French Canadian.

Winnipeg, is an innately worse market, due to the location and a low population, but it has a billionaire owner and a rabid fan base and has been successful.

The Sens won't get better until Melnyk's gone and they get a new arena.
My first thought reading this was Bill Wirtz.... and sure enough, there are several articles and what not comparing the two.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.