Thread: Movies and TV House of the Dragon
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 10:55 AM   #38
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Guess I'll give this a shot just because it's GoT, but that trailer did nothing to make me want to watch this series. Hard to imagine getting really invested in a whole new cast of characters chasing the "Iron Throne", much less those Targaryens who we know will ultimately be deposed anyway and for good cause. The dragons are cool I'm sure, but that's already been done. Seemed like the major story line will be whether or not a girl can rule in a realm full of pig-headed males.
Eh...not really. I mean they COULD go that route, but that's not what the whole Dance of Dragons thing really boiled down to.

I will say that the casting of Matt Smith as Daemon Targaryen worries me, though. That's...not what I have ever envisioned. But if you want a Viserys type character there, I guess he works. And if that's the direction they take the character then I guess it COULD be 'can a woman rule'?

It's just that Daemon is NOT a Viserys type character. He's pretty much a badass. Sort of a cross between Littlefinger and Arthur Dayne.

It's hard to explain my issues here without spoiling essentially the whole series here, but again - that trailer feels REALLY sideways to me.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.