Thread: Music Tool
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 11:22 AM   #48
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
Amazing is very strong. He’s a very good popular rock bassist, and he certainly helps define RHCP’s sound. If we move out of the popular rock genre and compare him against people that are actually schooled in music rather than failed guitarists, he’s really nothing special. All that being said, he could be the greatest bassist ever and he’d still be incredibly annoying.

My hate for the RHCP burns brighter than 10,000 suns.
I hate RHCP too.

But the slap/pop style is just far too awesome, and he's really ****ing good at it. He's not my favorite, but from a technique standpoint it's far more difficult to get right than just fingering it, or playing with a pick.

I fiddle around with my bass (i have 3) when i get bored. I'm far from a musician by any means, im just a bored guy with a couple of electric basses and some practice amps. I sit in front of YouTube watching Bass Covers w/tabs as i play along to my favorite songs.

And while playing Tool's 46 & 2 sounds great to my ears, it's nowhere near as complicated as trying to (and failing horribly) at replicating some of those Flea tabs.

And while i like Fieldy's sound better, the amount of notes and technique required to replicate a Korn bass cover just isn't as complicated as a Flea RHCP cover.

If i had to pick one bassist i wish i could emulate, it'd be Ryan Martinie.

I know Les Claypool is the default answer for Slap/Pop bass, and im certainly in awe when i watch/listen to him, im just not big into Primus or his sound.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.