View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 08:21 PM   #6056
Mod Team

Refinance question. We refinanced in 2016 from 4.25 to 3.6. All the recent questions on the board got me looking and I have a few friends who just refinanced below 3, which is mind blowing.

I am not sure how mortgage interest rates are determined from person to person? Such as, how did my friend secure a 2.5, 30 year and best I am getting is 2.8?

I got refinance options for a flat 3 with no points and 2.8 with points. Points are in a sense paying the lender for a lower interest rate? It looks like the points would cost me $765.

Break even for us looks like right over 4 years on refinancing and we'll definitely still be in this house. Wonder if I should wait for rates to drop even further or other questions I should be asking/considering?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.