View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 01:58 PM   #44
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
Eh, I won't debate the merits of each series to you. You've heard them hundreds of times, no doubt. I'll just say that for me, personally, I can't choose between the best of TNG and the best of DS9. They're completely different products from one another. The special moments that TNG was able to create can't be had on DS9, but at the same time the special moments that DS9 was able to create couldn't be done on TNG.

I will say that in terms of the PITS of each show, however, DS9 took far more risks with their material and ended up being successful a greater percentage of the time. But when they failed or flopped... oof. They were REALLY bad.

What I'll give DS9 credit for, however, is being able to instantly hit the ground running. There are episodes in the 1st and 2nd seasons of DS9 that I would put up as some of the greatest of the series. I can't say the same for TNG's opening seasons.

I have friends who want to start watching Star Trek, but then they put it off when I warn them, "Look... the 1st and the 2nd season of TNG will be... well... bad... but it will all be worth it from the 3rd season going forward! Trust me!" I don't want to tell them to start with Season 3, but I also don't want to subject them to nearly an entire season's worth of Wesley Crusher saving the day.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.