View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 11:57 AM   #29445
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkshock View Post
We all know Hill makes that catch and takes it to the house.

I would even expect Watkins to do the same.
Um, maybe. While Tyreek is faster, and can stop/start quicker than any other receiver in the league, he also is shorter, and has a significantly smaller catch radius than Watkins, and probably even Hardman. In other words, he's got shorter arms and smaller hands.

But due to his unearthly ability to stop and change direction I wouldn't put it past him to be able to grab that ball. Though we've also seen him miss several of those exact types of throws. Reference Pat's second pick in LIV; the ball was thrown behind Hill, it was also thrown around the beltline or lower, and was coming in hot. Hill's ability to stop and get himself turned around was shown off there, but his smaller catch radius helped create the bobble and ultimately the INT.

Watkins can't stop like Hill or even Hardman, but he's got a significantly larger catch radius, and better hands than either Hill/Hardman, so he'd have the the best shot at reeling that ball in. Assuming he could get stopped and turned around in time. I think it's more likely that he couldn't, and he'd try to reach back for it instead.

I don't understand why some of you can't just watch the replay and see the obvious for yourselves. I had the benefit of watching the aspect angle on NFL.com's Gamepass, but really just watch the replay at half speed and all of this becomes pretty obvious. It was a bad throw by Mahomes, period.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.