Thread: Other Games Board Game Fans?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #53
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspchief View Post
I guess so. I suppose I don't gravitate towards those people, even though they are probably who I would relate to best.
I've always had an inner geek. High school through college, I basically led a secret life of playing either single-player or online RPGs (MUDs) while simultaneously living a very active social life and being one of the "cool kids" (whatever that means). I was still into comic books, fantasy novels, and geek culture. I used to go sit in the book store and read World of Darkness game books (Vampire: The Masquerade and such), even though I didn't even play the games because I didn't have a gaming social group. The internet was a total blessing, because I was able to geek out online.

Now that I'm old enough to have kids, I don't give a shit. I let my geek flag fly. My current social circle does actually give me shit (in a funny way) for the fact that I'm in a "gaming group" these days and play DnD every other week. Of course, I've also had two guys from my normal social circle who now have joined the gaming group because they used to play DnD in junior high and wanted to play again.

Of course, in a world where kids are raised gaming on computers, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and other hallmarks of "geek culture," it's become downright mainstream.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.