Thread: Other Sports The Fishing Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 09:24 AM   #2134
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
Okay guys. Serious question here. I think a lot of my problems i had last year with losing big fish was my knot slipping.

What knot do you use and where can i find an instructional video of it?

The circle hooks i normally use i connect with a snell to the leader, but i need a knot from the leader to the swivel and swivel to my weight.
I know exactly ONE good knot, never had a slip, the line has popped several times, but the knot has never slipped... unfortunately, I'm not even sure how to explain how to make it

But I'll try...

Make a full loop through the hook eye, using thumb to preserve that loop, make another full loop through hook eye... using thumb to preserve/squeeze both roughly equal size loops together

Take the extra 4-5 inches of loose line and wrap 5-6 times around your line 'stem' above both loops, then bring remaining line down through BOTH loops

Spit on both loops and line end coming through them, grab line coming through loops with teeth while holding top of line with other hand and cinch down as tightly as possible

Trim off line end but leave an inch or so coming out of your knot, to allow room for a bigger fish to cinch knot down even tighter without pulling line end out of knot and unraveling your work

Hope that makes sense, thats as good as I can explain it

Last edited by Easy 6; 02-02-2018 at 09:30 AM..
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.