View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 07:24 AM   #86
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

So I got up this morning specifically because I needed to read the stupendous 10 Things by Mr. Blowfish. As usual, you did not disappoint. My wife came into the computer room, and I explained to her why this site is important to me as a Chiefs fan. It's for a whole lot of reasons, but one is that we have some posters on here who are artists. George, you are a wordsmith extraordinaire, and other fan bases may have someone like you, but I'd take you over any of them. You have been there. You are the wiley grisled veteran of The Chiefs Wars. I salute you from my little computer room in Nebraska.

Now, about that damn game. You know, I've heard (I get 810 on the radio all the way up here in Nebraska) people say "Well, it was only one point, wer'e going to have a few not go our way," etc. Hell, in a way I'm one of those guys. But as has been said, we have seen this friggin' movie before...so many times...Lucy and the Football Yank is a great way of putting it. Yes, we've seen the Pats get beat, and then go on to win the SB. But we're not the Pats. We're the Chiefs. We find ways to break records of futility more than any other team in the league, I don't need to enumerate them...we all know. Until proven otherwise, this feels like that goddam movie that comes on AMC that you've seen a million times but for some reason you watch it when it comes on. Because it's what you do.

These last few years, I've really toned it down. It's actually been a good experience for me. Of course, I've gotten older and that certainly has a lot to do with it, but in the 90's when we would lose, I would be ****ed up for DAYS...now, it's more like I'm pissed, but for maybe an hour. I'll think about the game, and I'll want to commiserate with other Chiefs fans, but I'm not going to live this. It is what it is.

Next week, we'll beat the Seahawks, only to lose the next week to the Raiders. Why...because Chiefs.

I'm actually looking forward to 10 days off from this shit. God Bless fellas!
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.