Thread: Food and Drink Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #67
Certified Bourbon taster

I like Elmer T. Lee - the whiskey and the man. He's a pretty nice guy, from all accounts - still kicking - and responsible for some good whiskey being released as 'special' bottles. We have him to thank for the 'limited release' or 'single barrel' whusk, instead of just dumping it all and taking your chances on a good, cheap bottle. I still have half an old bottle of Elmer T. Lee, made before they started selling it in the current 'nice' bottle.

If you're looking for a pretty good buy, I'd recommend Old Ezra 101 - it was originally marketed to match the proof of Wild Turkey, it's 7 year old 101 bourbon - note that they no longer sell Wild Turkey @ 7 years old/101 here in the US (they may in other markets). I like it a lot, at it's price point. You can spend a lot of money on good bourbon these days. But you don't have to.

Last edited by BigOlChiefsfan; 10-02-2012 at 12:01 PM..
BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.