Thread: So Now What?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 07:31 PM   #3
__

Well if they manage the cap like I think they will they’ll be in the market for WR, DE, and CB hardcore. We’ve got some on-roster options at CB, so time will tell there.

We know, as you correctly noted in the OP, that we’re going to be short at WR. Fortunately good, quick WRs that can get separation are all over free agency, and I expect the biggest contract Veach will hand out will be at that position.

I personally assume they cut Okafor and let Kpassagnon walk, and I’d really like them to keep Kpass but I don’t know. As a result, expect heavy investment at DE in the draft. (And no, I’m not counting on Breeland Speaks.)

There are other positions — the Chiefs tried to spend big at guard this offseason, so that’s still an option depending on the FA market. They also have literally no depth at TE, but it’s clear the Chiefs under Mahomes do not care about TE depth. Same goes for LB. I’d expect a draft pick there but they’ll roll with Gay, Hitchens, and just some more dudes they find here or there. The FA market is pretty good for LBs.

All in all, I think the team’s going to have like $40m or so in free agency if they extend certain players aggressively, and will likely have 8 draft picks.

They’re also going to let a bunch of dudes walk so I’d expect 4 compensatory picks in 2022.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.