View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 08:24 PM   #209
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
This may be a bit early in the game to make this kind of statement because he's only been the GM since 2018, but it seems as if Veach is better at identifying talent for the Jim Johnson/Steve Spagnuolo scheme better than Dorsey was at identifying talent for Sutton's scheme.

Considering Veach spent nearly a decade of his career helping to identify talent in Philly, it makes sense that he has a very good idea of what and who will work in this particular defense. And it's not just been at cornerback, as we've seen him hit on safety, third and fifth round defensive linemen and so on.

I still can't figure out what's going on with him at linebacker. Is it that the Chiefs and this defense just don't put an emphasis (i.e., draft value) at the linebacker position in this scheme or that they just haven't felt the need to make it priority?

In a way, their indifference to spending high draft picks and big time free agent money at linebacker is similar to the way they've prioritized offensive lineman. They've spent big bucks on Schwartz and on Hitchens, although I should add that Andy knows the exact skillset he wants from his big guys, and can basically grab soon-to-be effective players anywhere, including late in the draft or as UDFA's.

But the linebacker thing is somewhat of a mystery.
It IS, but they did draft Gay in the 2nd round. So clearly they were seeking an upgrade. I agree though it is confusing.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.