View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 03:48 PM   #199
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Once Breeland and Ward return, this secondary will go from a perceived weakness to start the season to a position of strength, with depth that will rival the defensive line.
It's starting to look like one of those "Titans loss" things that really seemed to suck at the time but actually helped us out a lot.

It got us Suggs by lifting us above the Ravens and Saints in the waiver order, and it clearly lit a fire under some asses.

A healthy, non-suspended secondary and I don't think Sneed is getting run right now. I almost wonder if he'd have seen the field at all - the staff spoke really highly of Hamilton and we know their affinity for Fenton. If you have Ward, Breeland, Hamilton and Fenton healthy, the #5 corner just isn't getting snaps. Not with how Spags uses Mathieu in the slot and/or Sorensen as a 3rd safety.

But he's been a revelation out there. And sure, there's gonna be some rough patches, but he's proven he can play in this league. And I think his athleticism will REALLY play in the slot if/when he ends up there on Ward/Breeland's return.

You can't just put a shifty fast guy off the line and trust that a clean release will get him into space, not with Sneed's recovery speed.

At that point you'll have to worry about him getting beat on double moves, but that's where having a fast safety like Thornhill and a savvy one like Mathieu around to cover for errors will really help.

This secondary is going to look really nice in a few weeks.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote