View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 04:37 PM   #24891
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I actually don't think Mangini is actively 'hating' on Mahomes (if that's the correct way to use that phrase). He's always been a "let's pump the brakes on that," type of person, so far as I can tell. He never seems to be really enthusiastic about anything/anyone until he's got a lot of history/evidence to back it up.

And to be honest, I'm a little like that as well. It's why it took me so long to buy into the "Mahomes is really special," thing. And we all remember how Kaepernick exploded onto the football scene, and them just as quickly flamed out. As well as countless other highly touted college prospects.

Mahomes has only played 20 games after all. He hasn't even played a single bad game yet. A few bad halves has been it. It's not unreasonable really to withhold all the accolades for another couple seasons before jumping into the deep end of "Mahomes is the greatest QB of all time."
Greatest of all time is determined when a player's body of work is complete.

Best QB in football is not. That's about who's playing the position, right now, at the single highest level.

That's Patrick Mahomes. Muddying the waters with the rest is meaningless. Jordan was still the GOAT at 39, but he wasn't the best player in the NBA.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.