View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 06:25 AM   #225
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
If you have never played a round with fore caddies, you should because it's fantastic.

Back in NJ when I belonged to a country club, I would use them often. Walking the course without a bag and having someone up ahead spotting every tee shot is perfection. Raking the bunkers, handing you clubs, cleaning your clubs, helping you read putts with local knowledge and telling you best place to aim for off the tee based on your skill makes it much easier to play 18 holes.

Very relaxing and more engaging as a group.
Never played with a caddie. Walked most of my golf up to 40 years old probably and then a couple years where I played with the same people we used carts but my buddy didn't mind driving so I'd put my clubs on the cart but walk. I liked that and probably played my best golf doing that. Fun times. These days my body has betrayed me and it's been all cart golf.

I was spotting balls once when the MO Sr Amateur was at our course. I was 16 years old I think. I was on the 18th hole and the head pro calls me up to the pro shop to caddie which by those days that wasn't really a thing. So I go up to the pro shop and find out I'm not just caddying i'm caddying double. I'd never caddied for anyone before so what deal it was to caddy double for two SR golfers. Got paid $8.00 from each player. I thought I did alright since I only lost one 4 iron .

Last edited by philfree; 04-17-2024 at 06:34 AM..
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.