View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 09:23 PM   #58
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
There are no leaders on this team.

If there were, this would have been dealt with.

Honestly, the Chiefs haven't had an on fieldleader since ... hell... I couldn't even say when. Probably Super Joe. He was the last guy who delivered.

The franchise has always looked to outsiders (witness the long history of outsiders, both coaches and players) for leadership. Until we grow our own, this shit will happen.

Again, Peters is just the most visible symptom. The disease is metastatic. And Andy ****ing Reid is the primary cancer cell.
They don't have vocal team leaders. But I think Houston and Berry have often put him in his place. Sure I agree that I wish I had a Ray Lewis to smack sense into him. There are lots of things Andy Reid should have done better. But I think this all could have been avoided with better leadership up top with Clark Hunt. It sounds like he never addressed the anthem protests until midseason. And during that time, just a long line of typical robotic canned Chiefs' responses. They could have demonstrated they had Peters' back while stopping the protests earlier. They didn't. And yes, I think that was the powderkeg that set this whole damn spiral in motion.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.