View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 02:37 PM   #50
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
1. When I woke up this morning I looked out the window and it was a gray day. I sat down on the edge of the bed and just thought “I shouldn’t let the Chiefs affect my mood this much.” I’m trying to get better at that. Meesh Meesh the cat jumped up in my lap and gave me some head bonks. My wife gave me a kiss and told me she loved me as she left for work. So I got up and started my Friday. The NFL is an entertainment enterprise. They don’t promise a clean, honest contest, just an exhibition of football for your entertainment. After 50 years of failure, I’m trying not to take it personally. I know many of you will most likely blast me for being Debbie Downer with this Ten Things, but I just needed to vent. Thanks for letting me rant. Just don’t expect the rest of this year to be anything magical. The magic is played out.
Great post today George - actually cathartic. I had a real similar moment this morning. I'm letting this get to me too much.

I think I've decided I'm going to go hiking where there's no cel coverage for our playoff game. It just causes me too much pain every year. I have increasing anxiety leading up to it and then am depressed for weeks after. If we win I'll be fully back on board for game #2. If I could help the team somehow by being there I'd do it. But since I can't I'm gonna try something different this year.

But then OTOH - the optimist in me hopes maybe this is the wakeup call that we need to gamble more on offense, and put Berry in there 100% of the time on defense, or try something. And we got it now instead in a one and done playoff game. Dammit I'm getting sucked back in.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.