Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 11:44 PM   #715
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Gotta put in an enthusiastic good word for Maniac on Netflix. Just came out last week, and I'm 3 [approx. 34-40 min @ea] episodes in.

Below is a pretty effective summation of the sense of the series thus far. Its from the creator of The Leftovers and directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga [everything mind-blowing visually that wasn't Matthew McConaughey in True Detective Season1].

It's hard to put into words what exactly it is. The three that best describe it thus far is, humorous, emotional and engrossing. Somehow, you both have no idea what exactly is going on, and you follow the story easily and eagerly.

The small things are what really sell it. I'd describe some of the small things, but they are best simply experienced. But they're not like Easter Eggs or 'blink and you'll miss it' things you'll have to work to experience. The small things are world builders, and in Fukunaga's hands, the world is built very very well.

It's one of those shows you just say 'sit down and watch, and don't give up.'

I saw that advertised and thought it looked interesting. I’ll definitely check it out. Thanks.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.