View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 01:36 PM   #45
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan View Post
I worked at the KC Board of Trade for 15 years or so, as an employee of the exchange, then as a trader. They sold out and let the Chicago BOT and the Merc have the bulk of that money - the current mayor of Chicago is chasing those fellows and all their tax revenue off to Florida. Anyway - don't overlook commodity trades - you've got to do some research but rule of thumb..if the dollar won't go as far, gold or wheat or silver-will. Head-sniffin' Joe Biden doesn't really get to mess with the price of commodities. Which is fine by me.

ETA: Time is an issue w/commodity markets - they 'run out of time' and you get the cash - or you sell your July contracts and buy December instead. It's not a 'fire and forget' market. It's exciting as hell when you're there -and right. It's pretty much designed to bilk the ignorant. But if you're interested, it's a good way to park money and make some if you park it correctly.
As a guy that hedges grain, I want no part of speculating any of that.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote