Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 05:08 PM   #763
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
The first couple of seasons were pretty lame. I thought the pilot sucked bad enough that didn't watch it further. In fact, I really didn't like anything about it at first - the ship design, the uniforms, the characters, any of it (it really is amazing how unattractive they made Troi early on). Riker kind of seemed like a Kirk knockoff, and I remember describing the show to someone as "Kirk in space with his snooty dad." And Wesley was Jar Jar before there was a Jar Jar. I had no interest in it.
I was SO excited to watch TNG but man, it felt so flat from the start. I didn't like Patrick Stewart's portrayal of Picard at all and hoped that his character would be killed off soon in favor of Commander Riker, who seemed to be far more inline with what I thought a Federation captain of Enterprise D would be but since it didn't happen, I stopped watching altogether.

Somewhere around 1990 or 1991, I checked in on the series and found that it had improved exponentially, only to be canceled in 1994 to due budget concerns. Seasons 3-7 were pretty freaking awesome and I still enjoy them to this day but I just can't get into Seasons 1 and 2.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.