View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 10:39 PM   #6
Don't Tug on Superman's Cape

Mike Caldwell who played for and coached for Reid in Philly. LB. Followed Bowles to AZ in 2013. I imagine Reid and Spags would have him high on the LB coach list but he accepted the ILB with Bucs under Arians and Bowles. Larry Foote is coaching OLB's on that staff and he's always coached ILB and I could see them hiring Joey Porter or Kevin Greene who just finished up with Bowles coaching OLBs with the Jets if they let Caldwell join KC which they have no reason to do so. Unless they offered to name him Run Game CO or something in addition to LB coach. Those types of situations are usually doubtful but you never know.

Matt House has been mentioned for LBs because he was a D/quality control coach for Spags in STL. Kentucky DC now. Never know whether a coach actually enjoys recruiting and college FB over the chance at the NFL. Just depends I suppose. If he is on track for HC interviews in college there is no reason at all to leave for the NFL. Just a mention as a former Spags coach.

Bill Sheridan current BC LB coach. Coached LB's at NYG and got promoted to DC when Spags took the STL HC job. Sheridan coached Antonio Pierce (now at AZ state) with the Giants. Maybe a Sheridan LB coach and Pierce asst LB coach type situation.

Speaking of AZ State they just Hired Jamar Cain as DL coach from Fresno St. He spent at least one maybe two Bill Walsh training camp intern fellowships with KC in the last few years. Might be a asst DL/pass rush type coach. I could see a pass rush type coach like that who also assists Britt with the DL because the asst could help with Leo(weakside end) and Otto(just another name for SAM LB that some under teams like Seattle use) positions. Andre Carter the asst DL coach in limbo with the Dolphins is another potential fit IMO but no ties.

Michael Barrow was coaching LB's in Seattle when Ken Norton left and he got Fired along with Kris Richard who was the DC by Carroll. Richard of course moved on to Dallas and I believe Barrow sat the year out. They both got canned so Carroll could bring back Norton. Partially anyway. Don't know the whole story but he's a name worth watching as he's got 3-4 years coaching LBs in the 43 under in Seattle. Also coached at his alma matter U of Miami. I would think he's worth an interview.

Joe Bowden is a former LB as a player too who got into coaching and has NFL exp. as the main LB coach. Under Jeff Fischer I believe. Not sure where/if he is currently coaching.

Tim Hauck, Eagle S coach. Played and coached under Reid. Would have to offer him a promotion to DB's coach in charge of both S and CB. Cory Undlin is Phillys main DB coach. Plus Reid had a policy of not taking his assistants when his coaches get HC gigs. Peterson took Dino Vasso who was just a D/QC coach which I don't think Reid really minded. But Peterson and Roseman gave Eugene Chung some title like Run Game CO/asst OL/asst TE... which is ****ing dumb if he's not the main TE or OL coach to get a run game co title. I think that would pissed Reid off a bit. So he owes him one. Maybe he will go after Hauck. Maybe not.

Carnell Lake. Former Steeler DB coach took last year off I believe to watch his son play ball at UCLA where Carnell played. Reid had him as a Bill Walsh minority fellowship intern one year in Philly. Can't remember the specific year. After that Lake went the college coaching route, I think UCLA before joining the Steelers. Maybe a possibility as S coach if Harris stays to coach CBs. Which is probably better than 50/50 shot since he played 3-4 years getting coached by Spags.

Michael Reed Clemson DB coach. Played for Spags with the NFL Europe Frankfurt Galexy for a year or two. Also assisted special teams and DBs in Philly under both Spags and Reid.

Could slide Toubs asst ST coach Rod Wilson to LB where he played in the NFL and coached small school college. Probably would be more of an asst LB candidate.

Speaking of ST coaches, Lavar Woods the ST CO at Iowa. Played LB in NFL and at Iowa. Coached TE's and LBs at Iowa as well. Was LB coach when Hitchens played there. Just throwing a young talented name out there with that one. No connection other than Hitchens

Going to be interesting how they fill out the rest of the staff on D. Got to be more coaches available with scheme background fit. Hopefully some good ones since lots are already hired. We shall see

Last edited by booger; 01-27-2019 at 11:10 PM..
booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote