View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 09:50 PM   #94
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
My maternal grandfather served in WWI. He never talked about it, but he got a Purple Heart.

My maternal uncle served in WWII in the pacific. He also never talked about it, but he also got a Purple Heart.
My paternal Grandfather never said much either. He told me few stories in my youth, but it was mostly nonsense stuff. He was never serious, just brushed it off. A few years before he died in 2013, he opened up to me. He was 93 years old. I never saw him cry until that day. I loved him so much. Normandy was hell. He lived through it.

I never met my maternal Grandfather. He died before I was born. My uncle told me what he did during the war.
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.