Thread: Movies and TV Horror Movies
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 11:40 AM   #515
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Watched "The Monster" last night (currently streaming on Netflix). I put it on thinking this would be either:

1. Something to fall asleep to

or

2. An awesome indie monster movie.

It was neither, but it was a riveting watch.

The acting was top notch, the context was very real-world oriented. I thought it was very well made.

BUT...it is NOT a horror movie. It's barely a monster movie even though there is a physical monster that gets plenty of screen time. Judging by the trailer, Hollywood tried to sell this as another monster movie, and that's a goddamn shame because it's not.

The movie was more drama than horror. The movie was much more about the tumultuous relationship between a young mother (who struggles with alcoholism) and her young daughter. The monster component was certainly there, but more side story than main.

I thought the character development and the relationship between mother and daughter was executed to perfection. If you ever struggled with an alcoholic parent you may find that this movie hits too close to home.

If you're looking for a traditional horror movie this aint it. This movie has more depth and less gore/jump scares.

If you want a great drama with some heart breaking moments and a dash of horror/monster on the side then give this a shot.

I enjoyed it.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.