View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 08:13 AM   #5
MVP

This has been discussed quite a bit. It's 1. LT 2. WR for me in terms of "fix it now" needs. Needs for the immediate future are TE, IOL, DT, LB, and RB.

The question is whether or not an LT prospect who is much further along in development than Wanya Morris will present itself.

You also probably aren't adequately fixing both in one offseason.

The issue I see with a lot of projections for the Chiefs is that we're being force-fed RT prospects as LT prospects. And hey, maybe I'm the wrong one. That's certainly a thing.

For me, when you get past Alt, Fashanu, and Fautanu the pickings get slim quickly. I really like Mims, Guyton, Fuaga, Latham, Suamataia, and Fisher... as RTs. I don't know if any of that lot can actually play LT in the NFL. I'd give Suamataia the highest probability.

Then you have the anomaly that is Jordan Morgan. I like everything about him but his arm length is a major concern. It's a concern because controlling speed and keeping hands off of him is going to be really difficult in the NFL on an island.

If a LT in those top 3 fall, I think you make the move. If a WR in the top 4 falls, I think you make that move. I think about them in that order and I think 16 is your cap on moving because higher starts costing too much. I would hate to see Veach use future 1s or 2s to make a move and if he does I think it has to be for a LT and LT only.

Ideally, the secondary goal should be to plug as many holes in the roster as possible before they become holes. Getting ahead of losing Kelce, Smith, Bolton, and most of the DTs are things I'd look hard at trying to do. Some of that could be affected by a trade-up, especially if it's for a LT because you certainly still need to entertain WR.

My 10 cents.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote