View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 02:32 PM   #11
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post
Many posters here have mentioned him and he would be exciting.

Also, probably wont happen for many reasons.

We dont have time for an unproven DC to find his sea legs, we are win now.
Andy has nothing to do with that side of the ball. Not any help for a brand new DC.
Andy needs a guy who can be a HC for the D.
If there is ANY team in football that is less 'win now' than we are, I'd like to hear about them. Because even the teams that are completely lost at the moment need to start winning some damn games to rebuild their organization. Or they just be in a 'win never' stage because hell, if you don't have a QB you're largely irrelevant anyway.

We have a 23 year old MVP at quarterback. Yes, I am aware that he'll soon cost money but the reason he'll cost that much money is because literally every team in the NFL would switch places with us and GLADLY pay him that money to have them running the show for them.

This isn't a situation where we're running into the possibility of having to extend Mariota at twice his actual value because we're scared of having nothing at the position. We will be paying top of the market prices for the top of the market player at the most important position in pro sports. Okay - and?

We can win any season for the next decade. And if breaking in a young new DC takes more time than we thought but yields dividends for the next 5 years, so be it. You're advocating putting duct tape on a hole in the hull so we can limp around for a bit and hope to get to port on time. I'm saying dry dock it, fix the damn hull outright and even if we can't make up enough time to save that delivery, we may have a half dozen more that we're better off for because of it.

And I'm just completely unwilling to concede that some of the brightest young defensive minds in football can't come in here and 'find their sea legs' by the end of a 17 week regular season after having an entire off-season to get things kicked off.

Your approach here is is just completely wrongheaded, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.