View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 08:51 AM   #53
Supporter

I put one of his songs in the 'Songs That Fill You With the Spirit' thread in the media center, and I know he is a MEGA-mogul [and he just had that bonkers interview], but I don't think enough people really appreciate how ably Quincy Jones managed to survive the backlash of the disco era and turn it into power pop of the 80s.

His stuff in the late 70s and early 80s was definitely disco-infused, but you could see the sparks of what Jacko and Prince sprinted off with soon thereafter.

And that's not even getting into Q-sound, some of the best stuff for the mastering business in a generation.

I'll leave Ai No Corrida in the 'Songs That Fill You With the Spirit' thread, and strongly suggest people go there to see it.

Slow it down for this thread.

Even if the music isn't your style, focus on the placement and dynamics and how tight every part of the ensemble is. Listen how you can pick out and place every part. Dude is a technician.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 02-17-2018 at 11:01 AM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.