View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 01:17 PM   #145
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
If Deshaun Watson were more athletic, he'd be Caleb Williams.

Watson created far more headaches for himself than he needed to and in the end the only thing he truly did well was throw a pretty deep ball.

Clay would've masturbated furiously to either of those guys back in 2015 in his 'throw it deeeeeeeep' days.

Williams has tools, no question. Premier arm talent, great athleticism. But he's not a polished quarterback in a lot of ways. We've gotten a little bit nutty in that we suddenly expect these guys to be finished products when very very few truly are. He could absolutely learn how to do most of these things he struggles with.

But Fields never did. Many guys before that didn't. And Williams has to self-scout in order to make those improvements; it's not a given that he's open to that sort of thing.

I'd take him at 1.1. I'd simply not be willing to pass on the tools. But man - there's a lot more risk here than many want to think.
All in all, I don't know how you could pass on the potential if you're a QB-poor team and your only chance to be relevant is to hit on a QB. You may as well swing for the fence.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.