View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 01:34 PM   #13
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Holy shit -- I completely missed this gem.

Why the hell did Travis Kelce agree to this contract? I think this is a terrible deal for Kelce.

He agreed to a below-market-value contract for the first three years in exchange for his annual average to look sexy by tacking on three premium-priced years the Chiefs could very well just release him at zero penalty if they chose to.

Isn't it likely the Chiefs and Kelce return to the negotiating table after the 2022 season to bring his cap hit down while giving him more security?

Of course, maybe the cap will be so absurdly high by then, Kelce's deal will be looking pretty good.
Isn't it possible that he just wants cash that late in his career and set himself up to be a candidate for a cap-to-cash conversion while not having to test the open market? Lord knows he's not hurting for money and this would allow him some instant gratification that benefits the team and allows him to accumulate more rings. Maybe he's "thinking about Canton"?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.