View Single Post
Old 08-26-2001, 01:48 PM   #78
Blind, deceived homer

Now see, as a Christian, I am just expected to ignore that and 'rise above it.' At least that is what many of you have said here. I do that (call names) to NO ONE.

And Brother Parker:
Quote:
I never said I was "correct". I said my opinion was "concensus". That, sir, is the TRUTH.
Consensus = PPL. That is NOT a slander, a pejorative statement or an insult. Why is it so OK to endlessly hound me with RBbC arguments (which I have never supported as a concept) but if I step away from 'consensus' to voice my right to dissent I am a'whining, self-pitying martyr'? Which other regular is subjected to so much personal name-calling and uncivil discourse? And yet if I notice it, I am 'playing the martyr.'

And Brother Kyle:
Quote:
-- your sole intent seems to be inciting argument, regardless of the topic. You treat *everyone* with a great deal of disdain and an utter lack of civility, common courtesy and even the barest degree of respect.
Pretty broad brush you are painting with there, my friend. You are trying to ascribe certain motives to me that you know absolutely nothing about. And "barest degree of respect"- aren't we reaching a bit here into the bag of hyperbole???? Not to mention the self-righteous tone.

On the merits: I AM a Chiefs fan, that's the ONLY reason I would put up with such low-brow banter and uncivil treatment. I guess you guys don't see that. Fine. You have the veiw of your foxhole, I have mine.

Football is pretty meaningless stuff in the final analysis. Its certainly not worth hurting people, risking reputation or character for (IMO). If I have personally offended any here, I offer my sincere apology and ask to be forgiven. I have always been my own man, and will continue to be. I have asked no one to agree with my opinions, and I am insulted by many of the uncharitable personally-directed responses that range from the callous to the hateful.

I wish the Planet success, but lament the bias against dissent (that's just the way i see it) that drives away a Denise or others who have much to contribute IMO.

Sincerely,
John Proctor
KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.