Thread: Chiefs NFL trade watch
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 09:30 AM   #104
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

I do not want to trade Tyreek.
I do not think we will trade Tyreek.

That said... if we did... my thoughts below:

• The Chiefs probably spent time this Spring imagining an offense and team in 2019 without Tyreek because of the drama, even if for just a short time. They had to think through contingency plans.
• The Chiefs probably spent time imagining an offense and team in 2020 and beyond without Tyreek because of his, Jones’ and Pat’s contracts. He has Rosenhaus as his agent.
• That plan could have included Tremon’s move to offense (failed test) and signing DAT (distraction speed - meh).
• If their plan is good enough in their minds, and if the payment is good enough, then they consider a trade.
• Not one player Veach has sent packing via cut or trade has gone on to do shit. I trust him in this area.
• Obviously Tyreek is different. But no one can use Tyreek like Reid and Pat.
• Teams may think they are buying low on Tyreek because of timing and drama, but the Chiefs would not sell him low.

• One trade I’d consider: Tyreek for PP and the Cards’ 2020 1st. That’s an elite corner for 10 games + playoffs and a top-5 pick.
• Another trade to consider: Tyreek for Jalen Ramsey. Talent wise, it’s a net loss, but you pay a tax for moving the talent to the other side of the ball. Money-wise, this trade does not make sense.
• Only other trade I would consider: 2 first rounders from a really shitty team.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.