View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 02:39 PM   #770
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
The Chiefs have been putting Chris Jones in a stand-up role in a few different packages this training camp. Justin Houston, the vet, already IS playing at every position, both on and off the line. Speaks is a rookie, and we're mostly working on finding him a home at OLB, but he's a former DT, and you can bet we're going to eventually move him around all different spots in the front 7.

Our safeties don't really have defined roles. Fuller and Nelson are both going to be used to defend outside and in the slot.

It's pretty clear that the Chiefs value players who do all kinds of things in all kinds of different formations in order to confuse offenses and mask their intentions when they line up. We've always done that since Sutton got here, but with a pick like Kpassagnon, I can at the very least respect that they don't believe in necessarily taking the player who will play the best in a particular defined position.

If they think an important future trend of defense in the NFL is having do-it-all players like Kpassagnon with the physical gifts to be disruptive no matter where they are, then I will be more than willing to chalk up my distrust of picking guys that high to my lack of understanding as a mere fan and not being able to think about things outside the box.
The long-term trend seems to be that positions are going away. Lineman move all over, linebackers are hybrid edge rushers, and safeties even seem to be diverging from the classic SS/FS model. Cornerbacks are the only position that seem to be pure relative to how they were defined 25 years ago.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.