View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 05:13 PM   #2562
Rookie

Thank you everyone, from Lonewolf Ed's brother

I spent most of the afternoon skimming this thread, especially the posts since January of this year. I shed a few tears at some of the posts, but reading everyone's words of encouragement and their stories of Ed being an inspiration was cathartic for me. I was with Ed when he got the diagnosis of the colon cancer spreading to his liver, and have spent a lot of time since then at our parent's house helping as I could. The last few months were the worst for Ed, and especially the last two weeks, but he did pass away peacefully at least.

Just to let y'all know, I am a long-time Chiefs fan. Our father had season tickets back in the AFL days so I was at a lot of classic games, including the heartbreaking playoff loss to the Dolphins in double overtime. Ed and Dad had season tickets at Arrowhead Stadium and I got to go to a few of those games with Ed.

My son and I are heading to Denmark in late August to spread Ed's ashes per his wishes, and leave most of them in a box at the Irish House in Aalborg.

If any of you make it to the Irish House do us a favor. Order a cheeseburger (they are excellent) and ask for George's Irish Mustard on it. I suggest doing this before you tell Jerome that Ed sent you. Jerome doesn't serve mustard so Ed always brought his own. If you tell him Ed sent you before asking for the mustard don't be surprised if Jerome curses you out.
DarronS is not part of the Right 53.DarronS is not part of the Right 53.DarronS is not part of the Right 53.DarronS is not part of the Right 53.DarronS is not part of the Right 53.DarronS is not part of the Right 53.DarronS is not part of the Right 53.DarronS is not part of the Right 53.DarronS is not part of the Right 53.DarronS is not part of the Right 53.DarronS is not part of the Right 53.