View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 07:09 AM   #4509
MVP

I'm more interested to see this converted to space based manufacturing. Lot of 3D printing already in "new space". SpaceX has been 3D printing parts for Falcon and Rocket Lab 3D prints its Rutherford engines on Electron. 3D printing the rocket body is new (and still seems a bit insane but cool), but with what SpaceX has done with Starship and sheet metal construction in the last year I'm not sure if 3D printing provides much in the way of cheaper/faster anymore.

I'm still rooting for Relativity though. They and Rocket Lab are my two favorites for surviving the swell of small launch startups. I just think they need to diversify a bit like SpaceX and RocketLab have done. With all these launch service startups beginning to finally come on line, it will be a race to the bottom profit wise. I'd like to see Relativity take their 3D printing expertise and use it in space for building infrastructure. A small POC to build a sealed container with ports to alllow sensors and pressurize would be cool. Or even cooler, do it on the moon using regolith!
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.