View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 08:11 AM   #5146
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
As i transition from a kid to an adult and father im wanting a different things from my car. It's a 67 chevy II with 496 and th400 with a manual valve body. I'm currently shopping the Holley Xflow kit for an efi conversion and searching for a 4l80e to make the overdrive conversion. All that said has anyone used the holley or similar efi systems? I've researched holley extensively and the xflow feels like the fit for me. All calculations lead me to an estimated 655 hp and all the other units are rated for 650hp or a lot more. The Xflow seems to be a happy medium.
I have a Fitech EFI on my 65' Chevy II with a 434CI SBC. You will get mixed reviews if you search online but 95% of issues are user/installer related. Fitech systems (they have different options) can handle up to 1200HP with the proper fuel system.

Seems all of the off the shelf EFI has their plusses and minuses. One thing I would make sure of is you can get one that you can turn off the self learning feature at some point as they tend to hit a top of the learning curve and go off the back end basically detuning. I'm taking my car to get dyno tuned and have them turn off the self learn mode.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.