View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 09:45 PM   #15503
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Here's one that I tried when I was in my "caveman" mode: Take a cup or so of coarse salt (sea salt or kosher) and enough water to make a kind of paste (about 2/3 cup give or take). Pack salt paste all over steak. Make it thick, like 1/4 or 1/2 inches.

Place steak directly in coals, not flaming at all so pretty grayed over. After five minutes or so (when salt case looks brown), flip and cook another 4-4.5 minutes. Some pieces of the crust will probably fall off; doesn't matter. Check for doneness, should be about 135 degrees. A meat thermometer makes this a lot easier. Remove from coals and let rest 10 minutes. Salt will be kind of crusty, so break off of steak with a couple whacks with the back of a kitchen knife, sprinkle pepper over it and enjoy.

I liked this one because it was stupid easy, and at the time I really wanted to taste just the meat with a little salt flavor.

Oh, it won't be too salty. Only a little of the salt will melt into the meat. Just don't add salt with any seasoning you sprinkle on it after you break it out of its salt suitcase. And the steak will be very juicy and tender.
Sounds fun.. Will do..
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.